Facebook Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/616263765794216
The 2020 ski season is just around the corner, but with COVID-19 limiting access to your favorite ski area, what is an avid skier to do? Backcountry skiing promises no lines, a limited number of people, and the allure of carving turns through fresh snow, but before you head out, it is essential to have a solid understanding of what it takes to get out there responsibly, sustainably, and safely.
- Gear: What you really need to get started
- Avalanche Safety 101 and Local AVI I certification resources
- Lake Tahoe backcountry spots
- Andy Rathbun, Administrator and Moderator for San Francisco Backcountry Skiers
- David Reichel, Executive Director of the Sierra Avalanche Center
- Emily Hargraves, Chief Executive Babe of Backcountry Babes